Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Umbrella Academy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lintu
Admin
Lintu

The Umbrella Academy Empty
PostSubject: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:36 am

The Umbrella Academy 14482ep8

The Umbrella Academy is a limited comic series. It is written by Gerard Way, drawn by Gabriel Bá, and features cover art done by James Jean. The first of six issues was released on September 19th, 2007. The series is being published by Dark Horse comics, and a graphic novel featuring each issue was just released.

The Umbrella Academy was first released on Free Comic Book Day in 2007, but after that day was not seen until its actual release date that fall.

The members of the Umbrella Academy, a disbanded group of superheroes, reunite after the death of their adoptive father, Sir Reginald Hargreeves. Hargreeves, an alien disguised as a famous entrepreneur, collected the members of the Umbrella Academy shortly after their birth and trained them to save the world from an unspecified threat. After his death, the members carry on his plan to save the world.
(^ summary taken from wikipedia.org)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/driftinglikeafeather
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:51 pm

I heard about it already, but I've never read anything of it yet, I don't know if you can still get it, if someone knows if I can still get it and where, please be so kind to let me know, it seems like a lot of fun to read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lintu
Admin
Lintu

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:54 am

I'm not sure where they'd be sold near you - any comic shop should have it!

You could always try online stores, like Amazon Smile

I find Vanya fascinating, I don't know why!
Back to top Go down
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 am

Saturday I´m going to try to find a comic store, I hope I can find one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lintu
Admin
Lintu

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:09 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Thanks, I´ll need it, I´m not hoping on anything though, they never have the good stuff in this shitty country XD
Back to top Go down
Lintu
Admin
Lintu

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:20 pm

Haha!

Major book stores might have the paperback, I'm not sure about the comic issues themselves though. The paperback features all six issues plus a short story, which is cool. There are early drawings by Gerard in it too!
Back to top Go down
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 pm

I will see if I can find it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:26 pm

I asked Wendy (an all time MCR fan, she knows practically everything about them.) and she said it isn't available in Europe, we can order it over Internet, but that will be very expensive Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Umbrella Academy   The Umbrella Academy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Umbrella Academy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fifth Period :: Celebrate the Arts :: Literature :: Comics and Graphic Novels-
Jump to: