Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lintu
Admin
Lintu

Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08 Empty
PostSubject: Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08   Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:45 am

Projekt Revolution was so much fun. There wasn't really anything to do if you weren't watching the bands, so that was kinda lame. The bands were good though...

Before watching any bands I went over to the Music for Relief tent to get a bracelet, and Adam and Frank from Street Drum Corps were over there Very Happy

I bought the new CD from them and they signed it for me. I was wearing my I'm a Monster t-shirt (yay s//c) and Frank loved it. When I walked over to them, Frank raised his hand for a high five and was like I'M A MONSTER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha. You could see all his deodorant and everything, it was kinda gross Laughing

He liked my bracelets too, he read them all out loud and Adam just looked at him like o_O

Adam wanted to give me a SDC Jager shirt, but they were out Sad

After that we went over to the NowWhat.com tent and I rolled this giant die... and won one of those wristbands lol. My mom won a concert pack lmao

Then we watched the bands on the Revolution Stage.

-Armor For Sleep were alright, I wasn't too impressed though. I didn't know they were from Jersey.......
-Hawthorne Heights were actually pretty good.. it was kinda weird though because I hadn't listened to them in like two or three years O_O. JT's voice is so high lmao
-10 Years.......... WERE SO GOOD. I love them ^_^. I saw them open for Papa Roach in November, and they were as good on Wednesday as they were then, if not better.
-Atreyu.... LOVED them! It had been three years since I saw them last, and their performance on Wednesday put the other one to shame. Granted, the first time I saw them was at Warped and I was by the sound booth....... but I had barricade for all the bands at the Rev. stage and Atreyu were AWESOME. Even my mom said they put on a "damn good show," and she hates their music XD. Dan kept looking at me weird, I don't know why... Alex did too though, now that I think about it. Probably because of my awesome camera lmao. One of the road guys threw Atreyu beach balls into the crowd for us to throw around, but I caught one and gave it to my mom to put in the pool. XD. LIP GLOSS AND BLACK WAS RIDICULOUSLY GOOD, Alex made everyone sit on the ground and pop up at one part. That was awesome Very Happy

Street Drum Corps were supposed to do a procession from the Revolution Stage to the Main Stage.. but they didn't =/

The Main Stage bands were good for the most part...

-SDC were so good. They have so much energy!
-Ashes Divide were boring.
-The Bravery were really good too, I knew a lot of the songs they played so I was happy. I didn't know they were from Brooklyn though, I thought they were from the UK for some reason lmao
-Chris Cornell........ OMG, that was the LONGEST hour of my LIFE. I'm not even kidding. YOUR EYES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO FEEL HEAVY DURING A CONCERT LMAO. He got off stage and went in the grass, then moved into the crowd during Blackhole Sun though, so that was pretty cool. Chester Bennington came out and sang part of a song with him too Very Happy
-Linkin Park.. words cannot describe how epic they were. Seriously. Chris Cornell came out and sang part of Crawling with Chester, and it actually sounded pretty good. We didn't get a drum solo this year though Sad. Busta Rhymes came out and did that song with LP (I can't think of that name of it) and that was really good. SDC did their intro for both the set itself and the encore........ so good. My mom said they looked like the Blue Man Group before the encore, lmao. The stage lights were blue and the had glow stick jewelery all over them XD

Busta Rhymes was supposed to have his own set, but he couldn't go on stage because he got in a fight and wasn't allowed to perform. That's what was going around, anyway. Oh well...

One of the security guys tore his pants SO BAD during.. 10 Years, I think? IT WAS SO FUNNY. Something on the barricade got caught on his pants and tore them open. It must have hit the seam in the right spot, because his pants ripped from his crotch to just over his knees.... ON BOTH LEGS. LMFAO. My mom was like "thank God he's wearing boxer briefs, imagine if he had on a G-string or something?" lmaooooooo.

When were lined up outside the gates before the doors opened, they were giving out samples of the new flavors of 5 gum. Before Chris Cornell came on, the guy in front of me had SO MUCH of that gum, he was taking handfuls and passing it around. lmao. I took a bunch of it, it's actually pretty good....

I saw a kid from the Dropkick Murphys show crowd surfing at the Rev. stage, it was weird. (The kid was near me for the whole DKM show lol that's how I remembered him.. that was only 11 days ago anyway). There was a little kid crowd surfing too, he must have been 6 or 7 years old. He was so cute!

I'm sure I left stuff out, so if I remember anything I'll edit it in.

Here's my picture with Adam and Frank:

Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08 L_6e368d0cbed53eacc584a2e9ab6848c3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/driftinglikeafeather
Samurai Jack
Graphics Artist
Samurai Jack

Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08   Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Insane.

That's all I can say Laughing
Back to top Go down

Projekt Revolution - 7/23/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fifth Period :: Celebrate the Arts :: Music :: Upcoming Shows :: Concert Reviews-
Jump to: