Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Number One [Short, Complete]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ceeceebullet
Lauri's Boston Babe
ceeceebullet

Number One [Short, Complete] Empty
PostSubject: Number One [Short, Complete]   Number One [Short, Complete] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Title: Number One
Author: CeeCee
Fandom: The Rasmus
Pairing: Wait for it.
Rating: PG13
Disclaimer: All events in this story did happen to me, but the characters are fiction. This event happened on May 10, 2007 to my husband and I. It still hurts even now, but I felt like our story had to be shared.
Notes: This is how my husband acted throughout the whole entire situation. And I wanted to tell the world how much it meant to me. Comment if you'd like.

-------------------------------

I haven't picked up a pen or paper since it happened. Since that horrific day, or even before it, I hadn't wanted to do anything. It seemed like nothing mattered anymore and the pieces didn't fit as I knew they never would again. I wasn't like the other girls, but this time I'm not talking about being pretty or how much money I had while I grew up. I'm talking about my problem, my medical problem. You see – I have a broken heart. Literally.

When I met him he was everything I wanted, everything I needed in a man; sweet and compassionate, but then downright stubborn just like myself. He took the time to understand me, to look beyond the surface. I remember when I met him how I told him first hand about my problem. I had had difficulties in keeping guys in the past so I always came clean about it first to make sure they still wanted to be with me. He stayed, and he made sure to ask me millions of questions – trying to learn all about all of the issues it involved.
He was something else. And from the first night I met him, I knew he was my destiny. He was the one I was meant to marry and build a family with. His family accepted me instantly and after meeting all of them I felt more comfortable with them than with my own family. It was the night I met him that I fell head over heals in love.

We got married in a small ceremony after three years of dating each other. He had always told me that marriage was not taken lightly on him and he wanted to be absolutely sure when the time was right. His proposal didn't go exactly the way he had planned either, but it'll make a nice story to tell our Grandkids someday.
We began building our lives together and after nearly three years later we got the shock of our lives that would change our lives.
"Lauri! Lauri! Lauri!" I screamed in hurried panic as I ran down our house stairs.
"What?" he yelled back. I reached the bottom of the stairs and stared at him, wide-eyed. "What?" he asked craning his neck from his laying position on the couch trying to peer at me. I slowly walked to him and handed him what I had been staring at. I watched as he lifted the stick to his face, squinting to read it. I saw his face turn pale as he stared and then lowered the stick to look at me. He gave me a faint smile.
"Lauri…I guess this means that I'm pregnant," I said faintly and smiled at him. Deep down I knew this wasn't a good thing. But the actuality of it all, I was excited. I was carrying his child inside me. And for years I had thought it wasn't even possible.
"I don't really know what to say," he said and looked at me. I bounced on his stomach and gave him a wide smile.
"Lauri, I'm pregnant," I beamed. "With our baby. I mean this is huge!" I gushed. "I have to be seen, I mean – I'm afraid of what the doctor's will say. This has got to be a sign from God though. Don't you think?" Lauri smiled at me weakly and pushed me away from him. I frowned. "Aren't you happy?"
"Yes," he said softly.
"Then be happy with me!" I exclaimed as I bounced on his stomach.
"Oof, please stop," he choked out as I stopped bouncing. I got off of him and he reached out for me.
"No," I said and backed away from him. "You're not happy," I said and walked back up the stairs to go back on the computer leaving him alone.

Five days later we sat in the doctor's office waiting for the outcome. I was hoping there was something they could do for me, for us. I was praying that this baby was going to be our miracle baby when I had been told for so long I wouldn't be able to have one. But they were wrong. This baby was our blessing – and everything was going to be fine.
"Mr. and Mrs. Ylonen," the doctor asked as she walked back into the room. I looked at the doctor, praying she was about to give me good news. But my face fell when I saw the sullen look on her face as she slowly walked over to me sitting herself down on the stool in front of me. Taking my hand she looked me into my eyes. "Congratulations you are pregnant. But your blood is dangerously low. I feel its best that we admit you now so we can help you."
There were other things that she had said but I barely heard any of it as I began hysterically sobbing into my husband's shirt, clutching him tightly as he stroked my back trying his best to ease my pain.
This was supposed to be my miracle baby, not a nightmare.

As I sit here two days before the one week anniversary and on our three year anniversary, I think to myself of all the pain I have felt in the past two weeks. We had no other option than to abort our child as it was too dangerous for me to carry the fetus. The doctor's were afraid of sudden death of me and I couldn't leave my husband like that. I love him too much to leave him widowed at not even thirty years old.
I also felt guilty. His family had been looking forward to the baby when he had told them what had been going on. His sister had even come to visit me, telling me how excited she was to be an Auntie. It broke my heart to tell Hanna and his mother that I couldn't give them the small gift that they had wanted so badly.
Lauri had told me not to worry about what the other's felt, that we would work together to get the family that we both deserved someday. He made me feel better in a way. Most guys would be out the door but not Lauri – not my Lauri. He stood by my side the entire way through the hospital, holding my hand when I was stuck with needles, stoking my hair when I randomly burst into tears. He was my savior and even throughout the misery I felt – I knew he'd always be my number one.
Back to top Go down
http://geocities.com/ceeceebullet
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: Number One [Short, Complete]   Number One [Short, Complete] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:16 pm

omg, how sad!

This really happened? *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that.
But at least their relationship is great, it's a great thing if your relationship can last also without kids,
*hugs*
Back to top Go down
ceeceebullet
Lauri's Boston Babe
ceeceebullet

PostSubject: Re: Number One [Short, Complete]   Number One [Short, Complete] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Disenchanted wrote:
omg, how sad!

This really happened? *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that.
But at least their relationship is great, it's a great thing if your relationship can last also without kids,
*hugs*

Yes, it really happened. Maybe I'll tell you guys about it someday.
Back to top Go down
http://geocities.com/ceeceebullet
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number One [Short, Complete]   Number One [Short, Complete] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Number One [Short, Complete]
Page 1 of 1