Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinderella [Short, Complete]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ceeceebullet
Lauri's Boston Babe
ceeceebullet

Cinderella [Short, Complete] Empty
PostSubject: Cinderella [Short, Complete]   Cinderella [Short, Complete] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Title: Cinderella
Author: CeeCee
Fandom: The Rasmus
Pairing: You already know.
Rating: PG13
Disclaimer: Don't own them, don't know them. Is fiction.
Notes: Sometimes life isn't as happy as we'd like to think.
Corresponding Song: Cinderella - Britney Spears

--------------------

I used to be your girlfriend and I know I did it well
Oh yes you know it's true

"I'm sorry baby but I'm not able to get home for another two weeks," he told me as I held the phone tighter in my hands. I held back the tears to stop from flowing.
"But…you told me you'd be home this week," I said sadly. "Why are you not coming home on time?" I heard a frustrated sigh sound in the receiver.
"Baby you know I wanted to come home on time. I really, really miss you," he said.
"Then come home then!" I said loudly.
"Don't raise your voice at me Amber," he said angrily. "What do you want me to do? Come home and not make money? I can't do that," he explained. "I'm trying to give you and me the best life we can possibly have. If it means that I have to be gone for awhile longer, then that's life," he said. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

You'd call me Cinderella; all you had to do was yell
And I'd be there for you

"You're not getting it Lauri," I told him. "I can't sit around and wait for you anymore," I said bravely. I heard the line go silent.

Here I am, so try to forgive me
I don't believe in fairytales

"What are you saying?" he asked after a few moments. I kept telling myself that I wouldn't break down. I loved him more than life itself but I couldn't be a pawn in his world anymore. I didn't belong.

Here we are with nothing but honesty
I've had enough, I'm not gonna stay

"I love you; more so than I ever have. But…I can't sit around and worry about you anymore. It's not fair for me to sit at home for months on end and wonder what you're doing or who you're screwing…"
"I'm not-" he cut in.
"Don't give me that bullshit," I muttered. "I'm not stupid." He didn't answer for some time.
"Don’t do this," he said quietly. "I love you."

From time to time I'd try to tell you just what was on my mind
You'd tell me not today, come back, do that, where's Cinderella at
Was all you had to say.

"I love you too Lauri. But think about it. Is this fair to me?" I asked gently. After a few moments I heard a sniffle.
"No," Came the response. "It's not fair to you."

Here we are, with nothing but honesty
I've had…enough…I'm not gonna stay

"Then you know why I have to do this," I said sadly. "I can't be with you anymore."
"Will you be around when I get home so we can talk about this when I get back?" he asked softly. I heard another sniffle.
"I don't know," I said. I felt the tears come and drip down my face. "God Lauri you have no idea how hard it is. All I want is to feel your arms around me, feel your kisses on my face and neck, and have your hands drying my tears. But you're never around. And I'm tired of hurting," I sighed a choked back a sob. "All I want is for you to love me like you used to."
"But I do love you like that. Even more than I did," he replied. "Please Amber…we can work through this."

I'm running away, I've made up my mind now…
You're gonna have to let me go

"No," I replied. "I can't do it anymore. I can't believe that everything is great when it's not. I can't fake it any longer," I told him. I broke down and began to sob. Listening to him on the other line in silence killed me, but I knew I had to do this. I had to make myself happy.
"Amber – please just listen to your heart. Is it really telling you to leave me?" Lauri asked. I could tell he was fighting this. It was almost good to hear him fighting. At least I knew he cared a little.

I used to say I want you; you cast me in your spell
I did everything you wanted me to, but now I shall…
Break free from all your lies, I won't be blind you see
My love can't be sacrificed, I won't return to thee

"Yes," I said quietly. "Yes it is." There a moment of silence again.
"Then that's that," Lauri said. "I don't understand how you can just fall out of love with someone if you really are in love with them."
"It's not that I fell out of love with you, it's just that this relationship can't be one-sided any longer," I told him.

I'm so sorry, I've already made you my mind

"If you need anything you know I'll always love you Amber," he told me.
"I know," I said barely above a whisper. "I need to go and sort some things Lauri."

I'm sorry to say I'm running away now…
Don't worry, you will be alright

"Amber?" Lauri asked.
"Yeah?"
"You never gave me a chance to prove to you that I could be the man of your dreams," he replied. "You had to take what we have an over analyze and throw it away. Four years just doesn't disappear like that," he told me.
"I know," I whispered. "But its time for me to go," I said and hung up the phone. Tossing it on the couch beside me I took in the house we had bought and built together.

On the tour bus in that same moment Lauri sat on the edge of his bunk bed twirling the velvet box in his hands. His cell phone lay beside him on the sheets. Opening the small box he lifted the 2-carat diamond from its resting place in the plush softness. Looking at it sadly he held the diamond in his hand as the tears came crashing out like a tidal wave. Holding his head in his hands he curled himself in a ball and cried himself sleep.

I'm sorry for running away like this, and I'm sorry I've already made my wish
Oh, but Cinderella's got to go
I'm sorry, just trying to live my life, don't worry you're going to be alright
But Cinderella's go to go
Back to top Go down
http://geocities.com/ceeceebullet

Cinderella [Short, Complete]
Page 1 of 1