Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Life (one-shot complete)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

Another Life (one-shot complete) Empty
PostSubject: Another Life (one-shot complete)   Another Life (one-shot complete) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:06 pm

Title: Another Life
Author: Disenchanted. me.
Rating: 12+
Pairing: The ¨I¨person
Disclaimer: I do not intend to hurt anyone, and this story is pure fiction. It comes all out of my weird mind, and it's mine. So don't use it without my permission.
Summary: It hurts when you get dumped on your wedding day, and there are so many ways to escape the pain.
Used song: Delain - See me in shadow,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCgcX_km8zA
Note: The story is inspired by the video, which I really love, and the lyrics are written in italic Again, sorry for any mistakes ^^
Warning: Death

Crying I walk over the abandoned wedding scene. The smell of dreams ripped apart hangs in the air, the wedding cake tastes like betrayal. And the crushed roses resemble my broken heart. While I walk up to the aisle my thoughts go back to a few days ago. Everything seemed so perfect. I was blind. I thought you were everything I was living for. Silently my tears fall down on the aisle, where two wedding rings wait for their two owners Two persons who will never come.
As time passes by, the sky becomes dark. Thick rain clouds fill the sky and make it impossible for the sun to come through. My tears mingle with the raindrops that are falling from the sky. I can’t escape my own thoughts. While the sentence: I thought we were perfect Keeps crossing my mind. But nobody is perfect. We certainly aren’t, even though I thought that for years. We thought we could hide our imperfection, by pretending to be someone else. In the end it didn’t even matter at all. We lost ourselves, by spending all those years together.
It still hurts. It hurts that you had to leave me on this day. That you kept so many things hidden from me. But most of all, it hurts that I was blind. Blind to see who you really are. I couldn’t see the truth underneath your flawless skin. Even though your eyes told the truth all along. I’ve lived in the shadows of who I really am way too long.

Standing in the shadow of our lies
To hide our imperfections
Doing anything we can to hide
Eyes wide open but still blind
To see what really matters
And insecurity won’t go
See me in shadow

After a few minutes I start to shiver. My body feels cold, but my soul feels even colder. All those years you stole from me, I threw them all away. I sacrificed my dreams for you, and I get nothing in return. The only thing you did was break me. The only thing you were good for.
I walk further through the rain, through the shattered glass that’s lying on the grass. Behind the place the wedding was supposed to be, there is a small lake. A perfect place. I walk to the edge of the lake, while I not mind my wedding gown goes through the mud. Slowly I sit down on the edge of the lake, while I put my feet in the water. Thoughts are spinning in my head, while the rain continues. I’d love to break your soul, shatter it into a million pieces, to say thank you for breaking my heart. Wondering what happened to you. How did you become so cold? How could your love just disappear? Or it just wasn’t there the whole time. I lived in an illusion the whole time, trying to chase my dreams. Dreams that never come true.

Standing by the ruins of your soul
That cries for some more meaning
Wondering when you have
Become so cold

Who are you? And what a have you done to me?
With all the strength I have left in me, I try to forget you. Trying to vanish your memory from my mind. But I can’t. The wounds you made by walking away go to deep into my soul.
Another life is not that far, crosses my mind. And immediately other thoughts begin to fill my mind. I can’t imagine another life without you. You were my life, I gave everything to you. I can’t escape you.
I get up from the lakeside and walk back. While I walk through the broken glass again, I know perfectly what to do. The one and only way to escape you. I bend and grab a piece of broken glass from the grass.

So cold
And all the pictures of your past are gone
So cold, so cold
Forget yourself
And who you are
Another life is not that far

With the piece of shattered glass in my hand I walk to the lake again. This is the perfect place. You’ll remember this place, as the place you broke my heart. The place you broke me, and the place where it all ended.
You had your plans worked out already. Your dreams, what you were going to do. The only thing you had to get rid of was me. And you did, on our wedding day. You followed your dreams, while my dreams are all gone, together with you. But I will ruin your life, shatter your dreams. Just like you shattered my dreams. This guilt will take over your life, destroy you. Because you know it’s all because of you. Your bright coloured future will have a shade of black over it. Thanks to the things you put me through.

Standing by the paintings of your dreams
But you have awoken
And all the purples and the greens
Have turned to black
And the ruins of your soul
Have died, no more meaning
I wonder when you have Become so cold

I ignore the fact that I’m scared. The icy wind doesn’t even bother me anymore. I just focus on this one thing I have to do. So I can be finally free. And never have to think of you again; don’t have to feel the pain anymore. I roll up the sleeves of my, now dirty, wedding gown. The once white coloured dress is now smudged with mud. And soon, it will have a shade of red too.
I take a deep breath while I put the piece of broken glass at my wrist. Another life is not that far. And I’m going to start my other life now. I think, and with a good movement I pull the shattered glass over my wrist. In a second it starts to bleed, and I start to feel dizzy. After a few moments my surroundings start to get blurry. When everything starts to fade to black I know, I’m off to start my other life. My life without you.

So cold
And all the pictures of your past are gone
So cold, so cold
Forget yourself
And who you are
Another life is not that far

Not that far
Back to top Go down
Samurai Jack
Graphics Artist
Samurai Jack

PostSubject: Re: Another Life (one-shot complete)   Another Life (one-shot complete) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 pm

Words cannot even begin to explain how many thoughts raced over me reading this. It all seemed so real, so vivid. Expert use of details make it seem that it's real. I read this and became cold. the sun faded as I read this tbh.

6/5.
Back to top Go down
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: Another Life (one-shot complete)   Another Life (one-shot complete) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:31 pm

thank you so much! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Lintu
Admin
Lintu

PostSubject: Re: Another Life (one-shot complete)   Another Life (one-shot complete) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 pm

That's really good! I liked it Smile

I agree with Matt's description!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/driftinglikeafeather
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: Another Life (one-shot complete)   Another Life (one-shot complete) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 am

Thanks Very Happy You guys made my day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Life (one-shot complete)   Another Life (one-shot complete) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Life (one-shot complete)
Page 1 of 1