Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imaginary (one-shot, complete)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

Imaginary (one-shot, complete) Empty
PostSubject: Imaginary (one-shot, complete)   Imaginary (one-shot, complete) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Title: Imaginary
Author: Disenchanted, me
Rating: All?
Disclaimer: I don't know or own any of the characters in the story, it's pure fiction and mine, so don't steal.
Summary: Stuck inside your fantasy world
Note: This story is translated from Dutch to English, it's one of my favorite fic's I wrote in dutch, so I also wanted to share it with my foreign friends, even though I like the dutch version better. Sorry for any mistakes ^^
Used song: Evanescence - Imaginary

“I wish I could stay here forever,” I sigh against Lauri, who looks smiling at me.
“You know you have to go back soon.” I nod sad and stare at the ground. Why is life so unfair? I think of home, always those bullies who beat me up again. I feel that Lauri hesitates for a moment and puts his arm around me.
“Don’t think of home.” He whispers softly in my ear, “Now you’re still here. We, together.” I smile and feel that tears start to roll down my face. I don’t want to go back, not to my real life. I want to stay here, together with Lauri. Spread around us lie fallen leaves. It’s autumn here. I love the autumn, that’s why it’s always autumn here. In my thoughts I hear my mom say: “Its summer, go outside! Go to your friends!” The only thing she doesn’t know is that I don’t have friends. I’m a total failure.
As if Lauri can read my mind, he turns my head to his with his hand. He looks at me with his bright green eyes, where I almost drown in.
“You’re not a total failure! You’re the most beautiful and sweetest girl in the whole world.” Right after that I feel his soft lips on mine. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment.

I linger in the doorway
Of alarm clock screaming monsters calling my name
Let me stay
Where the wind will whisper to me
Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story

Suddenly our kiss is interrupted by the sound of my alarm clock. Scared I look into his green eyes.
“I don’t want to go,” I whisper. “Please keep me here!” Desperately I grab his hand. But I know I can’t stay for long. The world around me starts to fade. The autumn disappears; the purple sky fades together with the grass. And at the last moment, Lauri disappears.
“I love you!” I still whisper soft in his direction, while a sad feeling starts to take over me. Quick I make a picture of his face in my mind. That’s all I have left for today.

“Now, get up!” My mom enters my room in a hurry. “You have to go to school!” With a sigh I sit on the edge of my bed. I think back at my dream with Lauri, like I dream every night. I see his face in front of me again, and right away I drown in the memory at his perfect green eyes. After that I get up and walk to my closet to put on some clothes.

“Mom, I’m going!” I shout to my mom, while I walk out of the door and walk to the shed. When I’m there I remember that the kids at school put my tires flat. Again. With a sigh I get my mom’s bike. To school. Or better said: To hell.

In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me

While bike riding I get lost in my fantasy world again. Everything is just perfect there. I have someone who loves me, no one who bullies me. And I have freedom. In my fantasy world, I can do whatever I want. I can just spend hours walking around, my hand strangled with Lauri’s hand, without saying one word. We just have to think of something, and we know what the other means. I want real life to be that way. But of course, real life can’t be perfect. I think back at my dream again. Lauri and I spend the whole night sitting under a tree. We talked and looked at the leaves which fell on the ground. I felt so happy that moment, someone who listened to me, someone who takes me as I am. Someone like Lauri.

At school I ride in to a group of kids. They don’t look real nice. I feel the fear taking over me. What do they want from me today? More money? What would they do when I tell them I can’t give the money to them? A few steps before the children I stop, slowly they walk towards me.
“You’d bring us something today, right?” A boy, who’s apparently the leader, hisses in my ear. The rest of the group nods. Afraid I look at them.
“I don’t have it.” I whisper, and stare scared at the ground. The tears burn in my eyes, and I try not to cry.

Don’t say I’m out of touch
With this rampant chaos
Your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
The nightmare I built my own world to escape

“You know what happens to people who don’t listen, right?” The boy looks at me with a mean grin on his face. I still try to put a step backwards. But since I’m still half on my bike, that doesn’t work. Together with my bike I fall on the ground. The boy starts to chuckle, quickly the rest follows. Now it’s very clear he’s the leader of the group. With his mean grin he puts his feet right under my throat. Now I really can’t go anywhere.
“I asked you something! You know what happens with people who don’t listen, right?” His voice sounds hard, mean. The tears start to burn harder in my eyes, and I feel one rolling down my cheek. When the boy starts to look meaner, I nod.
Suddenly the school bell rings. The boy steps off me.
“Come on.” He says, and he walks to the door of the school. The rest of the group follows him, softly laughing.
With some effort I manage to get up, and I grab my mom’s bike from the ground. Great, the steering wheel is crooked. My mom won’t be so happy with that. Why should real life suck this much? I think, while I put the bike in the bicycle rack. I wish I could stay in my fantasy world forever; at least I wouldn’t be here anymore.

Swallowed up in the sound of my screaming
Cannot cease for the fear of silent nights
Oh how I long for the deep sleep dreaming
The goddess of imaginary light

After a whole day of daydreaming at school, I walk to the bicycle rack again. Too bad the daydreaming didn’t look as real as in my dream. I wish I was with Lauri again. With a sigh I get on to my bike, just when I want to go off the school square and on the road, a bunch of people come out of the bushes. I can’t do anything else than get off my bike again.
With a mean grin, the leader steps forward.
“We still had some business with you! Give us the money!” Scared I shake my head.
“I…- I don’t have it.” His face changes to angry, he grabs me at my sweater and looks angry at me.
“This is what we do with people who don’t do as they’re told!” And he pushes me on the busy road.

Vague, somewhere in the back of my mind, I hear sirens and people talking. But I can’t distinguish the voices.
“Where, where am I?” I whisper.
“You’re with me.” I suddenly hear a familiar voice behind me say. When I turn around I look into two bright green eyes.
“Lauri,.” I shout, and start to hug him. “It was horrible. They…” But I don’t have the chance to finish my sentence. Lauri presses his lips on mine, and my heart is pounding like crazy.
“I know everything,” he whispers. “But you don’t have to anymore. You can be with me, forever. Say you want to, and we can stay together forever.”
Immediately I make my decision.
“I want to stay with you!” I grab his hand and slowly I see the black surroundings change to something more familiar. The sky turns purple, the autumn starts, and the tree where we spend so many nights talking, is on exactly the same spot again. This is where I want to be.
“Forever,” I whisper, while I feel that Lauri puts his arms around me.

With a soft knock on the door I enter the room of the hospital. I see my little girl on the big hospital bed. All sorts of wires and things link here to the machines of the hospital.
“Forever,” she whispers softly, right after that the machines start to beep. And with a long beep from one of the machines, I know she’s never coming back.
Back to top Go down

Imaginary (one-shot, complete)
Page 1 of 1