Fifth Period
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Period

What's on your mind?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last Dance (one-shot, complete)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

The Last Dance (one-shot, complete) Empty
PostSubject: The Last Dance (one-shot, complete)   The Last Dance (one-shot, complete) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Title: The last dance
Author: Disenchanted, me
Rating: Everyone
Pairing: Theon/Vivian
Disclaimer: I don't know or own any of the characters in the story, it all comes forth out of my weird mind, and it's mine, so don't steal!
Summary: You always dance the last dance with the person you really love.
Note: again, sorry for any mistakes. This was a birthday present last year for a good friend.

If I listen carefully I can hear soft music playing on the background. At this moment I’m actually supposed to be downstairs. The ball already started. All the important people already made their big entrances. But I didn’t. Even though I’m one of the most important persons who is supposed to be at the ball.
Every year they have the same valentine ball at the castle. A masked ball.
“So you can meet your true love.” I whisper to my reflection in the mirror. Every year I’m starting to hate the ball more. It’s tradition you save the last dance of the evening for the person who you love the most. That’s the reason I never do the last dance of the evening. I look at myself in the mirror again. Trying to ignore the soft hurrying footsteps outside my room. I already know that in a minute I’ll be asked to finally go and enter the ball. The grey eyes of my reflection stare listless back at me. While I try to keep my blonde hair out of my face. A soft knock on the door makes me turn around. Hesitating the door is being opened by a young guy. Who appears in the small door opening. I can’t see his face clearly because of the mask he is wearing.
“Prince Theon? May I ask you to join your parents and the rest of the people at the ball?” Just like I predicted. I give the guy a quick nod and take a last look in the mirror. After that I grab my black mask and follow the guy to the ballroom.

Nobody pays attention to me while I enter the ballroom. Everyone is to busy finding himself or herself a valentine. The dance floor filled with happy couples. Not paying attention to anything else than their partners.
Even though everyone is wearing a mask I recognize some people. And I know without a doubt that everyone recognizes me. This mask isn’t big enough to hide my identity. While it makes other people unrecognizable. Without noticing it I walked already through the whole ballroom. I sigh; people expect from me that I’ll ask a girl to dance. But I don’t want to. Every year the same ball, the same people. Except for last year. A couple of giggly girls get me out of my thoughts. They’re standing, whispering on a little distance. If I listen carefully I can hear some fragments of the conversation they are having.
“Go on; just ask it, if you’re so curious. Maybe he’ll ask you to dance.” I roll my eyes, knowing what is coming next. A bit nervous one of the girls walks up to me. Her blue eyes tell me that she’s scared. Her eyes, the only thing I can see from her face. When she’s standing in front of me she bows.
“Your highness, would it be inappropriate for me to ask why you haven’t asked anyone to dance yet?” Immediately I get the irresistible feeling to snap at her. Who does she thinks she is, minding in my business?
“Yes,” I say softly. “It is inappropriate to ask that.” And I turn my back to her. Without looking to anyone else I make my way back to the crowd. Carefully avoiding the dance floor. Before you know I would be stuck to a dance partner.

Relieved I walk into the silent garden. This part was also open for the people at the ball. But everyone prefers to be inside at this cold evening. For me it’s the perfect place. I let my thoughts drift away again. While I walk past the trees filled with white blossom. The garden looks like it just came out of a fairytale. The only thing that’s missing is my prince. His voice forever locked in my memories. Last year we walked through this garden together. I can remember everything. From the clothes that he was wearing to the way he smelled.
Slowly I sit down on a particular bench. The exact same place as we sat last year. The cold wind makes me shiver, but it doesn’t come to my mind to go inside again. In all silence I sit on the bench and think about all the memories last year. I get already lost in his beautiful green eyes by thinking about them. Even every word in our conversation I can remember. I can hear them clearly in my mind, his words hurt.
“After this, you’ll never see me again.”

Tears are starting to burn in my eyes. He didn’t even stay long enough for the last dance. I wanted to save the last dance for him. After he left, I promised myself. I’d never dance the last dance with anyone, except for him. But last year was the only year he was at the ball, at least the only time I noticed him. And after that, I never saw him again.
I let my tears free and start to cry. I’m not even thinking about taking my mask off. What would people think if they’d see me? A prince who’s crying in public, people would laugh at me.
Footsteps behind me make me freeze. Who is outside in this weather? I can hear his footsteps walking towards me; I’m even scared to breathe. I don’t want anyone to see me like this. The person behind me puts a soft hand on my shoulder. A shiver runs through my body at the moment he touches me.
“I decided to come anyway. I missed you to much.” My heartbeat stops a few seconds when I hear that voice. The person walks around the bench and goes to sit next to me. Slowly turning my face to him with his hand. The moment I look into his green eyes I’m lost. How could I’ve missed him for a whole year? With my hand I wipe away his black hair that is hanging in front of his eyes. His face just seems to perfect. The white mask is only covering half of his face, just like last year, even though his mask was red back then. Softly, without saying a word, he presses his lips against mine. And we get lost in a deep, sweet kiss.
After a while I stop the kiss, and I bring my lips to his ear.
“Tonight, I will dance the last dance with you.” And after whispering that word I grab his hand and take him with me inside. To the dance floor. This time I won’t let him slip away again. This time I will dance the last dance with him.
Back to top Go down
Samurai Jack
Graphics Artist
Samurai Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance (one-shot, complete)   The Last Dance (one-shot, complete) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 pm

*drops dead* Too good for me. You got some real talent!

Lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Disenchanted

Disenchanted

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance (one-shot, complete)   The Last Dance (one-shot, complete) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 pm

aww, thanks! You really make me blush with all your nice comments! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance (one-shot, complete)   The Last Dance (one-shot, complete) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Dance (one-shot, complete)
Page 1 of 1